Hello everyone! I am so excited to have been nominated for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ by Sharon, founder of leadership2mommyship. I woke up this morning to see the message from Sharon, telling me she had nominated me – what a lovely way to start my day 🙂
I am relatively new to the blogging world, and am so grateful to receive this nomination. Sharon has been so supportive in her following of my blog, and encouraging with her ‘likes’ and comments on my posts. Please visit her blog! She is a wife, and mother of three children; who were all born in three different decades. She’s served 22 years in the United States Air Force and writes stories about her family and travel, and also writes poetry. Please visit her blog!
Sharon. Thank you so much for the nomination – you have really made my day!
7 Facts About Me!
- I love to go running. When I’m running, I forget about all my worries. Running makes me feel positive, and able to deal with life’s challenges with more strength. While I’m running, I like to listen to podcasts…
- …I love listening to story-telling podcasts. I like to hear about people’s true stories. I enjoy listening to stories of funny and awkward situations; stories of struggles and strength; stories of friendship and stories about family diversity. Here are a few of my favourites: The Moth, Risk, This American Life, StoryCorps, True Story and The Listening Project.
- I love baking. I enjoy baking cakes and tray bakes. I like to make cakes that taste yummy, and that don’t rely on having fancy toppings or decoration to make them tempting. My favourite cake is carrot cake 🙂
- I lived in Bangkok, Thailand for 3 years. Thailand will always have a special place in my heart. It is where I gained self-confidence; where I met some of my favourite people; where I was able to travel to beautiful islands and other countries in South East Asia; where I discovered my love for Thai food and massage; and most importantly, where I met my wonderful boyfriend 🙂
- I love spending time with my sister and her boyfriend. I live in Spain, and my sister and her boyfriend live in England. I love visiting them, whenever I have the opportunity. Their home feels like my second home, and we always have lots of lovely times together; eating, drinking and exploring the city where they live. ❤
- I grew up in Bridlington. Bridlington is a small seaside town in East Yorkshire, England. It is well known for the fish and chips; which are usually served in gigantic portions! My parents still live there, and my mum enjoys walking on the beach and cliff tops every day.
- Despite choosing a career in teaching (specializing in 3-7 year olds) I have a First degree in Maths! However, it wasn’t due to an amazing knowledge and understanding of Maths that I was rewarded the First Class Honours, but instead because of my amazing memory at the time – my sister says that I have the memory of an elephant! I got my degree in Maths; which was always the most difficult subject for me at school (I like a challenge!) by learning theorems and proofs my heart, and then scribbling them down in exams, and immediately forgetting them!
Nominees: (If you have already been nominated already or do not have the time no worries at all. I don’t want anyone to feel they have to complete this task. I really just want to say you’re amazing!)
- https://stubbsyblog.wordpress.com/blog/ Andy was the first person to comment on my blog 🙂
- https://morethanabitdeaf.com/ Vera’s blog about hearing loss is such an interesting read. Also, she has given me lots of helpful advice. Thank you Vera 🙂
- https://makeitultrapsychology.wordpress.com/ Eric was kind enough to publish my post Finding Strength Through Adversity as a guest blogger on his site.
- https://acookingpotandtwistedtales.com/ Jacqueline has a wonderful blog, where she posts stories, photos and poetry. She is great at getting people together in the blogging world, and it is through Jacqueline that I have connected with some other fantastic bloggers.
- https://adamantiumjoy.com/ Brad tells an amazing story of strength and courage!
- https://braverthanbefore.com/ Talasi has a beautiful writing style and writes about her life.
- https://aishwaryasivakumar.wordpress.com/ A fantastic storyteller -she writes about her life.
- https://badmomscanada.wordpress.com/ A wonderful blog by a group of Canadian mums, who write about their experiences of being parents.
- https://roundtrip.blog/ A lovely travel blog written by Kristin.
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!